VALLEY FM 89.5 is the Tuggeranong Valley’s local radio station. It is operated by volunteer members for the Tuggeranong community and is managed by an elected board. Membership is available to all people of all ages from all backgrounds and interests.
We encourage interested people from culturally and linguistically diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with a disability and local community organisations to become members of VALLEY FM 89.5. We welcome new members to join our organisation in a range of voluntary capacities including:
- On-air program presenter;
- Program producer/assistant;
- Audio producer;
- ICT or Broadcast Systems technician;
- Administration support; and
- Station sponsor.
VALLEY FM 89.5 is licenced by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) to broadcast generalist programming to the Tuggeranong Valley which has a population of around 100,000. This means that we broadcast programs covering a range of interests to reflect the diversity of the Tuggeranong community including:
- Various music genres;
- Community information; and
- Programs targeting local community groups (e.g.: theatre, arts, Islamic, indigenous and other cultural organisations, disability support groups, special interest community associations etc.)
COST – Membership of VALLEY FM 89.5
- Member Presenter:$50.00
- Member Presenter Concession:$30.00
- General Member: $10.00
- General Member Concession: $5.00
- Corporate Commercial:$100.00
- Corporate Not For Profit:$25.00
Annual membership fees fall due on 30th June.
Membership fees must be paid in full and receipted by VALLEY FM 89.5 before members are permitted to access the station and operate broadcasting equipment.
If you are interested in becoming a member of VALLEY FM 89.5 simply send an email to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.