Access to and use of this site Valley FM is provided by Valley FM subject to the following conditions:
1. By using Valley FM, you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Valley FM
2. Valley FM may change these terms at any time by posting changes online.
Use of Valley FM
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. By accessing the audio streams on this website you agree that said streams will only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes.
You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Valley FM content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of valleyfm.com content requires the prior written permission of Valley FM Broadcasters Association Inc.
4. The names, images and logos identifying Valley FM or third parties and their products and services are subject to the copyright, design rights and trademarks of Valley FM Broadcasters Association Inc. and third parties.
PO BOX 112
Erindale Centre, ACT, 2903 Australia
Community Events Terms and Conditions
The Valley FM Community directory is a community service providing not-for-profit community groups free publicity for upcoming events in the Capital and surrounding region.
Before you submit an event below please read the following Terms and Conditions. Your submission implies your acceptance of these conditions.
Does Your Event Meet The Criteria?
Valley FM reserves the right to refuse to publicise any event. The types of events we will publicise include events for your school, church, community and not-for-profit group, such as:
- Festivals, fairs and fetes
- One-off events
- Church conferences
- Seniors’ events, youth camps, marriage retreats, school holiday programs
- Sports days and sporting events
- Some fundraisers
Events We May Not List
- Recurring (daily, weekly, monthly) events, for example a playgroup or seniors group. We may list an instance to promote your organisation.
- Events that invite patrons to a business with the result of advertising that business (please see our Sponsorship page)
- Regular or seasonal church services, Bible studies etc.
- Book/DVD/CD launches
Terms and Conditions updated 7 October 2018
Terms and Conditions of Valley FM Competitions and Giveaways:
The following general contest rules apply to all Valley FM contests and giveaways. They may be amended or varied from time to time by Valley FM. Special rules may apply to particular competitions, in which case an addendum to these rules will be made for that contest. Please enquire at Valley FM for any special rules for contests you wish to enter.
- Unless otherwise specified in special contest terms and conditions, no person may enter any contest more than once.
- A single prize will not exceed $1000 and the total value will be capped at $100,000.
- All prizes must be collected within 90 days from the date of winning. After that time, unclaimed prizes will be dealt with according to legislative requirements. It is the sole responsibility of winners to collect their prize.
- Competitions are not open to:
i. employees of Valley FM, their spouse, parent, natural or adopted children or siblings,
ii. contestants who have won a prize/prizes valued individually or collectively from Valley FM in the last 28 days,
iii. contestants living outside the ACT.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless the winner is otherwise advised. Where Valley FM elects to post a prize to a winner no responsibility will be accepted by Valley FM for the safe and effective postal delivery of the prize.
- In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to that prize, which will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of Valley FM subject to legislative requirements.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash and must (where applicable) be used on the dates specified. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and Valley FM excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law.
- In the event where a specified prize becomes unavailable, Valley FM reserves the right to offer the winner another item of equal value.
- Valley FM, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or for any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Valley FM.
- All contestants release from and indemnify Valley FM Broadcasters Association Inc (ACN 334 380 434) against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in any contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Valley FM to use winner’s name, suburb or residence, recording of winner’s voice and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation.
- Valley FM is not responsible for lost, interrupted communications or unavailable network server or other connections, failed telephone, mid-delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- All entries by internet are sent entirely at the risk of the entrant. If there are any difficulties arising out of the internet or any associated equipment Valley FM may at its absolute discretion disqualify the entire entry or any portion thereof.
- Valley FM may incorporate information from entrants in any contest(s) in any database to be used for the purpose of its business.
- A failure by Valley FM to enforce any of these General Contest Rules in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim by any person.